The reasons why men with beards grow out their facial hair may vary, but the effects of keeping a beard are real. Research shows that a guy with a beard is seen as more attractive. Men with beards may be seen as more mature and as having a higher social status, one study found. There’s also evidence that dudes with beards exhibit more dominance. And also, new research is to be believed, it is best to grow a beard, especially if you want to boost your love life and succeed in a long-term relationship. According to a new study published in the Journal of Evolutionary Biology, facial hair is a plus point that most women look for in romantic interests. So, men love to have beard and wanted to look it better looking on them and it is a good decision for men to retain their bearded looks for a bit longer.
Tips for a faster beard:
Beard doesn’t actually fit on everyone easily, most men experience slow, patchy beard which looks very awful on their face. Beard growing is an art, you should take care certain factors to achieve a thick and strong beard. Here are some tips for getting a faster dense beard.
- Exfoliate your skin
- Keep your skin clean
- Moisturize your skin
- Check for ingrown hairs
- Manage stress
- Take vitamins & Supplements
- Do not Trim
Exfoliate your skin
Exfoliation is the process of removing dead skin cells from the outer layer of your skin. While some people believe that this improves the appearance of their skin, it’s not for everyone. If not done properly, it could do more harm than good. If you choose to exfoliate, it’s important to do so safely so that it does not damage your skin or lead to increased redness or acne breakouts.
- Charcoal Face Scrub for Oily Skin and Normal skin, with Charcoal and Walnut for Deep Exfoliation – 100g
- MCaffeine Naked & Raw Tan Removal Sustainable Coffee Face Scrub (100 g)
Keep your skin clean
Having a clean skin helps you to boost your beard growth. For a better clen skin you should wash your facial skin twice a day, avoid exposing to more sunlight. Use a good face wash gently on your skin. Avoid more bathing time, avoid long hot water showers, avoid using strong soaps etc.,
Moisturize your skin
Using the right kind of moisturizer for your skin can help maintain its balance. When skin is too dry or too oily, many common skin problems like acne start to pop up. According to Dermatologist Dr.Ted Lain, if your skin tends to be oily, you should look for lotions instead of creams, and try to find a moisturizer with exfoliant ingredient. If your skin tends to be dry, look for a cream – they tend to have a higher oil content. Moisturizing also reduce the appearance of other blemishes, makes you look young, reduces wrinkles and all these importantly enhances the beard growth.
- Neutriderm Moisturising Lotion w/Vitamin E – 125 mL
- CoCo Nourishing Cold Cream With Coffee and Vitamin E For Rich Moisturization – 200 g
Check for ingrown hairs
An ingrown hair is one that’s grown back into your skin instead of rising up from it. Sometimes, dead skin can clog a hair follicle. That forces the hair to grow sideways under your skin, rather than up and out. Or if you cut naturally curly hair too short, the sharpened end of the hair can pierce your skin, causing an ingrown hair.
You might find the presence of ingrown hairs with a raised red bump or a group of bumps, a boil like sore, itching and discomfort., in order to treat it you have to have some medications or undergo surgery in worst cases.
Uncontrolled stress can make your skin more sensitive and trigger acne breakouts and other skin problems. To encourage healthy skin and a healthy state of mind take steps to manage your stress. Get enough sleep, set reasonable limits, scale back your to-do list and make time to do the things you enjoy. The results might be more dramatic than you expect.
Take vitamins & Supplements
For most men who struggle to grow facial hair, with the growing popularity of beards and facial hair, some supplement makers are capitalizing on men who have trouble growing stubble. These companies offer supplements and creams that promise thicker and fuller beards.
There are some evidences that certain vitamins like D, B12 can strengthen and help conditioning of the hair. So having some supplements may help you in enhancing the beard growth
Do not Trim often
Getting trimming right is important to most beard growers. Unless you’re going for long and wild look of course! But it’s not the easiest thing to master. The most common mistake is trimming too much off, which usually means that you have to shave your whole beard off and start again. Let’s face it, no-one wants that! So how should you shape your facial hair? Some elements to remember include:
- Consider your face shape. Trim your beard into a style that suits your face shape.
- Trim small amounts at a time. This makes it easier for you to rectify any mistakes
- Use beard oil regularly. This will soften the beard hairs, making them easier to maintain going forward.
- Brush it. Do this before trimming so you can see exactly how long the hair is.
- Only trim when dry. Hair looks longer when its wet, so always pat dry it with a towel first.
The above methods may help you out in getting you a great beard. But everything starts here getting a beard not alone makes you look great. The main responsibility is to maintain it further. Okay let’s see some maintaining tips for you beard wellness,
Brush your Beard
The first step is to brush your beard (dry) before you shower. Use a boar bristle brush to exfoliate and bring any beard ruff to the surface. Brush slowly against and across the grain for best results. If you’re prone to dry skin and beard ruff, you’ll see it settle on the tips of your bristles. But don’t worry…. this makes it easier to wash off in the shower. Next, using a brush with soft ends on the bristles (preferably rubber) that won’t irritate your skin, gently rub the skin under your beard in a circular motion. This stimulates blood flow and the follicles. And it feels good.
A brush is easier on shorter beards, but when the hair gets longer, a brush can get harder to use. That’s when a comb comes in handy. Brushes are better at distributing your facial oils and pulling them away from the skin, but if they become a pain to use, go for the comb. Again, while it feels a little silly to brush and comb your face, it’s worth it.
- Beardo Nylon Bristle Beard Brush
- RUBAB MEN Beard Brush Comb Combo – Beard Brush Nylon Bristles | Beard Comb Sheesham Wood
Trim your Beard
Trimming gives the beard its shape, and a beard without a shape is just hair protruding from the face. If you follow the proper way to trim a beard, you’ll be aiming for an even length all over, and a proper beard neckline, cheek line, moustache and lip line. Here’s how to achieve that.
Choose a proper style that suits you well and start trimming accordingly, else ask your barber to do so. Apart from trimming the major thing to be noted is the neck line make sure the neck line is perfect getting you a perfect beard.
- PHILIPS BT1232/15 Skin-friendly Beard Trimmer – DuraPower Technology, Cordless Rechargeable with USB Charging, Charging indicator, Travel lock, No Oil Needed, Blue
- Braun Beardtrimmer BT3022, Beard Trimmer & Hair Clipper, Black, Lifetime Sharp Blades
Wash your beard
Unlike any other parts beard is likely to be touched throughout the day and supposed to get dirty more, so washing your beard enhances proper strength to the beard. You can use mild shampoo to wash your beard. Be sure that you’ve covered all around your beard and lather it up, wash it with a lukewarm or cold water later allow it to dry with a dry air using a dryer, be careful that you don’t towel your beard as it leads to damage.
- Gillette | King C. Gillette Men’s Beard Wash- Cleanse, Refresh, Condition your Beard, Quickly Lathers, Easy to Rinse, Conditions to Sooth Dry And Irritated Skin, Energizing, Fresh Fragrance- 350ML
- THE REAL MAN Beard Wash & Conditioner(200ML). Cleans and Conditions with Extracts of Aloe Vera | Tulsi | Neem Leaf | Licorice.
Use beard oils & balms
Post bath take some beard oil or beard balm and massage it to your beard, it allows you to keep your beard moisturised and shiny. As they lock moisture into your beard and helps it to stay strong and not messed up, apart from beard it also pampers your skin too.
Applying beard oil doesn’t take as much you think, for a lengthy beard just a 8 to 10 drops of beard oil will do the entire thing, you just need to take drops of beard oil and massage it in your beard. The important thing you have to do is massage without scraping the skin.
- Beardo Godfather Lite Beard and Moustache Oil, 30 ml | Non-Sticky, Light Beard Oil for Men| Pleasant Fragrance | Ideal for daily use | Nourishes and Strengthens Beard | Provides Shine to Beard | Prevents dry and flaky beard
- Ustraa Beard Growth Oil – 35ml – More Beard Growth, With Redensyl, 8 Natural Oils including Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, Nourishment & Strengthening, No Sulphates, No Parabens, No Silicone, No Mineral Oil
In the case of balm, its different where oil takes care of moisture and balm takes care of shape and direction of beard. Take a bit of balm and spread it with your hands, then apply by running your fingers through hair.
- Man Code Beard Balm For Men Softens Moisturizes Mooch and Beard Long Lasting Nourishment Prevents Dry Rough Mustache & Beard Boost Shine and Volumizes Beards Beeswax Shea Butter and Essential Oils No Chemicals No Mineral Oil 50 gm Beard Balm for Men (Pack of 1)
- USTRAA Beard Softener Balm Woody – 100g – Softens and nourishes your beard without Sulphates or Parabens, Long lasting moisturization and shine for a nourished, itch-free beard
Style your beard
Finally, after applying the beard oil and balm, its time to style your beard. Use a boar beard brush and brush your beard gently as per your style. I’ll recommend gentle long strokes. Finally shape the beard as per your need. While you need to brush or comb your beard to stop it looking like a scraggly mess, there’s a tendency to overdo it, especially among the recently bearded. Even the longest of beards doesn’t need to be brushed more than 3-4 times per day. Make sure the teeth on your comb are sufficiently spaced so as not to tug your beard and hasten split ends.
After following the above steps you’ll be having a better bearded look and you’ll be wondering on your looks.