Online food ordering is the process of ordering food from a website or other application. Product can be either ready-to-eat food available from restaurant, home kitchen, or a ghost kitchen. Looking into the history the first food order happened through online mode was a pizza from Pizza Hut in the year 1994. The first online ordering service was World Wide Waiter currently known as Waiter.com founded in 1995 and serviced only in Northern California, later spread to various parts of the States. With time and the evolution of smartphones many new providers emerged, then spread worldwide.
The process falls as following, a customer chose a dish from a list of restaurants available, then the order gets initiated and handed over to the delivery partner, finally reaches the hands of the customer. The restaurants can be controlled or independent, sometimes there can be some home kitchens or ghost kitchens too. Here let’s see some of the trending food delivery apps that are available,
- Pizza Hut
Swiggy is Indian online food ordering and delivery platform. Founded in July 2014, Swiggy is based in Bangalore, and operates in 500 Indian cities, as of September 2021. It has become very popular because of its availability and interface. The app and the website are user friendly and available on both android and iOS making it lovable among most people.
- No Minimum Order values
- Live order tracking
- Lightning-fast delivery
- Large number of restaurants
- Wide payment methods
- Wide availability across the country
Zomato aspires to be your online food delivery partner no matter which part of the world you are in, and also has brought together big and small restaurants filtered by your GPS location on a single platform for the consumer’s benefit. The menus are scanned and uploaded, and you can also get reviews from people who have had previous experience with the place. Add attractive deals to the equation, and you have in your hand the power to choose basis your personal preference, reviews and ratings, and price benefits. Zomato has also acquired Ubereats later providing a greater chain of restaurants.
- Wide selection of restaurants
- Exclusive delivery offers for pro users
- Extra 30% off on delivery for pro
- No daily or weekly limits on usage
Faasos is primarily a boon for people who feel the food is anytime, anywhere needed. You can choose from various cuisines, depending on the type of food you want- breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, snacks, desserts, etc. The user interface is simple to use, the usual payment methods are available, food customization is p, and you get attractive deals and discounts when ordering from Faasos. You can download the app from Play store or App store. Get ready to curb hunger pangs and untimely cravings anywhere and anytime with Faasos.
- Wide categories of food
- Super saver combos
- Well hygiene stuffs
- No contact delivery
Potafo is a food delivery app based in Calicut, Kerala. The Keralites’ love for food is the driving force behind Potato. The app aims to connect local restaurants with customers, but its quality of food is never compromised. The users can check the menu, complete their order fast and enjoy some mouth-watering food. Additionally, it offers various discounts and offers.
- Multi device support
- User friendly interface
- Native approach of app
- Wide discounts and offers
Dunzo is a 24×7 delivery app that delivers anything to your doorstep instantly. From shopping for Grocery to Fruits & Vegetables, Meat & more, Dunzo is the only delivery app you’ll ever need.
- We’re the fastest; get home delivery instantly
- No order is too small; we’ll deliver anything
- Order from anywhere in the city; we’ll deliver
- Save big; get up to 50% OFF on Groceries, Fruits, Veggies & more
- Make payments online for a smooth experience & enjoy cashback from Google Pay, Paytm, Amazon Pay, CRED Pay, Simpl, LazyPay & more
Grubhub has a large number of restaurants to choose from. The customer service is commendable; they are 24*7 available to solve all the customer queries. A great feature of Grubhub is that it allows you to find all the deals running in the nearby restaurants. Also, there some great discounts provided by Grubhub throughout the year.
- 24/7 support on delivery
- Variety of payment options
- Preorder facilities
- No hidden fees
- Real time delivery tracking
Domino’s is a prominent pizza delivery app that is available on Android and iOS platforms. The telephone call pizza ordering service now upgrades as a mobile app to place an order without calling. Domino’s provides different coupons and offers for customers to choose the best availability to taste with continent payment options.
- Create a Pizza Profile to easily access to your saved info and recent orders
- Order faster than ever by creating an Easy Order!
- Sign up for Domino’s Piece of the Pie Rewards and earn points toward free pizza!
- Pay with cash, credit card, debit card or Domino’s gift card
- Use our voice ordering assistant, Dom, to add items to your cart and to select a coupon
- Android Wear usage to track orders, or place an Easy Order or Recent Order right from your wrist
- Use Domino’s Tracker notifications to follow your order until it’s out for delivery or ready for pickup!
The brand is popular for its wide range of Pizzas and pasta, along with delicious side dishes and desserts. Pizza Hut mobile app offers tasty food delivered to your doorstep with prompt delivery. With affordable prices and an excellent range of foods to choose from, Pizza Hut’s online food ordering app should be there on your mobile if you are a fan of wonderfully made spoilt for choice pizzas, pasta, appetizers, desserts, and beverages.
- Order contactless delivery, takeout or curbside pickup
- Check in for curbside pickup with one simple click
- Access the full Pizza Hut menu, discover new menu items and view local deals
- Stay up-to-date with your Hut Rewards® points and redeem free pizza, wings and more with ease
- Customize your own pizzas with the easy-to-use Pizza Builder
- Reorder in three easy taps
- Track your order with the Pizza Hut Delivery Tracker
- Place future orders up to 7 days in advance
- Guest checkout to easily order without an account
If you are a health freak and a person who counts on the intake of calories then Eat Fit is your one all solution. The generation today is so fast-paced that there is hardly any time for physical activities and with the tension that people go through Eat Fit is an app that helps you strike a healthy balance at least when it comes to food. The app also provides nutritional education and also helps in customizing the food. The app also provides nutritional education and also helps in customizing the food.
- Location based searches
- Wide food category
- Healthy foods
- Redeem voucher offers
- Health-conscious interface
- Multiple subscription packs
BOX8 is an Indian food on demand service incorporated in 2012 and acts as an India’s largest desi meals brand. BOX8 operates in Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune, and Delhi and takes orders from its app and website. BOX8 owns the entire value chain: procurement, food preparation, and last mile delivery. BOX8 operates its cloud kitchens in 4 cities of India including; Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, and Delhi. The company has scaled up over 110+ stores and clocks 1 million orders per month across 4 cities.
They offer food delivery till one is in the night, so if you are someone who wakes up with terrible hunger pangs in the middle of the night, you can now rely on Box8. Box8 guarantees your food delivery within 38 minutes, fresh and piping hot to enable you to have an enjoyable and delicious experience. Usual methods of payment are available, and fantastic deals are always up for grabs.
- 120+ outlets
- Referral credits on apps and site
- 50% off up to ₹ 200/- on first meal
A large number of foods delivering startups have been started due to the vast coverage and demand and needs of the people. Also, people experience the ease in getting food makes them more comfortable and triggers them to order online, this increases the need for delivering partners. Among those the above discussed has attracted many minds and hearts with their friendly approach in business. But as we all know some may not be available in your locality so find a good delivery partner for your needs as per availability.
Being Foodie is a wish!